Waco High School Athletics Department
Our mission is to develop athletes in their physical, mental and emotional approach to life through challenging team training, teaching character and promoting community service. Waco High athletes are exposed to an infinite number of principles that develop character, disciplines that maintain and improve health, and challenges that build confidence. We have instilled a healthy athletic program that promotes sacrifice, honor, integrity, enthusiasm, loyalty and discipline here at Waco High and we are thrilled to share the experience with you and your student.
Students who participate at Waco High learn how to persevere through competitive pressure, how to compete and grow as athletes and as students, and how to plan for those challenges as they come. The competition of athletics helps to perpetuate a desire and drive for the student-athlete to set and achieve goals. Waco Lions have developed a sense of team and family, and they are being encouraged to apply all of these life-lessons as they step forward as quality citizens into college and the work force.
Waco Lions are trained to be healthy on a daily and personal basis. Our quality coaching staff creates workouts appealing and conducive to high achievement so that the athletes will want to participate with all of their effort. No other extra-curricular activity is as physical in its nature or can instill a purpose of extending the quality of life like athletics. Students who participate in Waco High athletics are proving to be more generous citizens, more successful employees, more accomplished students, less likely to drop out of high school or college, and live longer, healthier lives.
Successful athletes are given praise by coaches and teammates on a regular basis, not to mention townspeople and fans. The crucial element is that coaches express their excitement for the athletes doing the everyday things correctly in addition to supporting their athletic accomplishments during competition. That means doing the right things, and often times the extra things, everyday, to achieve the team purpose. They learn to follow the rules, how to earn back respect and trust after it has been diminished, and they are filled with a greater desire to be successful. In all, we here at Waco High are promoting your students to be quality family members, citizens and team players.
Join the Pride of Waco! Go Lions!
Hutto Football Tickets
To purchase tickets for the Oct. 2 varsity football game at Hutto, please visit the following link:
Please also take note of the following information from Hutto High School:
- PER UIL REGULATIONS, athletic venues will observe a 50% seating capacity.
- NO fan may enter a venue with COVID symptoms or who are being tested for COVID-19 or living with a person who is being tested for COVID-19.
- ALL tickets this year will be via a cashless system. Online links will be provided to purchase available tickets at a scheduled date prior to each event. The links will be available on this page and other pages and shared via social media.
- NO reserved seats will be available at Hutto Memorial Stadium this year.
- NO UIL passes will be accepted for this year's events.
- NO Senior Gold Card passes will be accepted for this year's events.
- PRIORITY for tickets will first be given to athletes, athletes' parents, and other organizations associated with the event.
- A LIMITED number of general admission tickets will be sold online after the priority deadline.
- NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE GATE. ANY AVAILABLE WALK-UP TICKETS SHOULD BE PURCHASED VIA THE ONLINE LINK OR BY SCANNING THE QR CODE POSTED AT THE GATE.
ALL fans are required to wear a mask when entering the venue and when moving around within the venue.
- FANS MUST be responsible for physically distancing within the stands.
- MOST events will be live-streamed to accommodate those unable to attend in person. Links for each live-stream will be posted on the athletics web page and social media.
- ADDITIONAL protocols and procedures may be required as the athletic seasons progress.
Free Athletic Physicals
*All athletes must present a Waco ISD school badge/ID in order to be eligible for a FREE physical.*
September 16-23 and September 26
M-F 6-8 p.m.
Sat-Sun 12-4 p.m.
Woodway Express Care
7003 Woodway Dr. Ste 311
Waco, TX 76712
Waco High Head Coaching Staff
Waco High Athletics Coordinator
Reginald "Reggie" Lewis