News from around the district
HPDS NEWS TO KNOW!
Hillcrest PDS Dress Code
Hillcrest Professional Development School has a dress code that provides students the choice to wear clothing that is appropriate for school attire. We do not have a standard mode of dress. Please adhere to the school dress code.
- Halter tops, tank tops, tops that expose any part of the midriff, low-cut dresses or tops are not allowed.
- Thin strapped tank tops (spaghetti straps) are not allowed.
- Articles of clothing that display pictures, emblems, or writings that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene, or advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or any other substance are prohibited under Board Policy FNCA (LOCAL).
- House shoes, flip flops, slides, or slip on style shoes are not allowed. Sandals must have a strap around heel. Tennis shoes are preferred.
- Hair must not be dyed to extremes. Haircuts that are unusual such as Mohawks, lines, words, numbers, designs and distract from instruction are not allowed.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn.
- Shorts/pants/skirts must be at the waist, NO SAGGING.
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be fingertip length or longer.
- Holes, rips, or tears on clothing that allow a student’s skin to show are not allowed.
- Leggings/yoga pants may not be worn unless under dresses, skirts, or shorts.
- Hats, caps, do-rags, bandanas, the hood part of a jacket, or sunglasses may not be worn inside the school building during the school day. These items may be worn at school-sponsored events as determined appropriate by campus administration.
Failure to comply with the dress code may result in disciplinary action.
Administrators have discretion on all matters concerning interpretation of the student dress code.