HPDS NEWS TO KNOW!
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS BUDGET AND PROPOSED TAX RATE.
The Waco ISD will hold a public meeting at 7:00 PM, August 23, 2018 in Waco ISD Administration Building Conference Center, 115 South 5th St., Waco, TX 76701. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the school district's budget that will determine the tax rate that will be adopted.
Public participation in the discussion is invited.
Learn more at wacoisd.org
We will be registering HPDS students from 8:00 to 4:00 next week, July 23 - July 26 and July 30 - August 8 on our campus. On Tuesday, July 24 & Tuesday, July 31 we will be open until 6:30 pm for student registration. To make the process as efficient as possible, please be sure you have (A) registered online (if you are a returning student) and printed required documents from that process, (B) bring all required documents including proof of residency, photo ID and immunization records. It is our intention to provide school supply lists during registration. We look forward to seeing you!
Hillcrest PDS Dress Code
Hillcrest Professional Development School has a dress code that provides students the choice to wear clothing that is appropriate for school attire. We do not have a standard mode of dress. Please adhere to the school dress code.
- Halter tops, tank tops, tops that expose any part of the midriff, low-cut dresses or tops are not allowed.
- Articles of clothing that display pictures, emblems, or writings that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene, or advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or any other substance are prohibited under Board Policy FNCA (LOCAL).
- House shoes, flip flops, slides, or slip on style shoes are not allowed. Sandals must have a strap around heel. Tennis shoes are preferred.
- Hair must not be dyed to extremes. Haircuts that are unusual such as Mohawks, lines, words, numbers, designs and distract from instruction are not allowed.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn.
- Shorts/pants/skirts must be at the waist, NO SAGGING.
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be fingertip length or longer.
- Holes, rips, or tears on clothing that allow a student’s skin to show are not allowed.
- Leggings/yoga pants may not be worn unless under dresses, skirts, or shorts.
- Hats, caps, do-rags, bandanas, the hood part of a jacket, or sunglasses may not be worn inside the school building during the school day. These items may be worn at school-sponsored events as determined appropriate by campus administration.
Failure to comply with the dress code may result in disciplinary action.
Administrators have discretion on all matters concerning interpretation of the student dress code.
We appreciate your patience as we work to update our website. Please be sure to save our website as a "Favorite" so that you can check back often for updates and information!
News from around the district
Download the elementary school supply list / Lista de utiles escolares WISD
Participants will discuss how to prevent and deter school safety threats as well as how the response to a crisis would be coordinated.
Dr. Marcus Nelson will also host a roundtable discussion with community leaders, first responders and mental health professionals.