HPDS NEWS TO KNOW!
Our monthly newsletter is now ONLINE! Go to our PARENT & STUDENTS tab at the top of this page... when the blue menu pops up click on HPDS NEWSLETTER. This is a great way to get to know our staff & stay informed!
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS BUDGET AND PROPOSED TAX RATE.
The Waco ISD will hold a public meeting at 7:00 PM, August 23, 2018 in Waco ISD Administration Building Conference Center, 115 South 5th St., Waco, TX 76701. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the school district's budget that will determine the tax rate that will be adopted.
Public participation in the discussion is invited.
Learn more at wacoisd.org
Hillcrest PDS Dress Code
Hillcrest Professional Development School has a dress code that provides students the choice to wear clothing that is appropriate for school attire. We do not have a standard mode of dress. Please adhere to the school dress code.
- Halter tops, tank tops, tops that expose any part of the midriff, low-cut dresses or tops are not allowed.
- Articles of clothing that display pictures, emblems, or writings that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene, or advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or any other substance are prohibited under Board Policy FNCA (LOCAL).
- House shoes, flip flops, slides, or slip on style shoes are not allowed. Sandals must have a strap around heel. Tennis shoes are preferred.
- Hair must not be dyed to extremes. Haircuts that are unusual such as Mohawks, lines, words, numbers, designs and distract from instruction are not allowed.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn.
- Shorts/pants/skirts must be at the waist, NO SAGGING.
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be fingertip length or longer.
- Holes, rips, or tears on clothing that allow a student’s skin to show are not allowed.
- Leggings/yoga pants may not be worn unless under dresses, skirts, or shorts.
- Hats, caps, do-rags, bandanas, the hood part of a jacket, or sunglasses may not be worn inside the school building during the school day. These items may be worn at school-sponsored events as determined appropriate by campus administration.
Failure to comply with the dress code may result in disciplinary action.
Administrators have discretion on all matters concerning interpretation of the student dress code.
How can I help?
We are grateful for any and all assistance. All volunteers must go through the WISD volunteer process (see wacoisd.org/vip) and be approved before they can work with students. Below are a few different ways that you can support our students, staff and campus:
- Help with our pond area; every Wednesday from 12:30-1:30 (training provided)
- Tardy Train; walking students to their outdoor classrooms; every morning from 8:05 to 8:20
- Grounds Crew: assist student with campus beautification (picking up trash, watering plants, etc.); twice a month for 30 minutes
- Lunch line monitors: Monday through Friday, 11:00 to 1:00 (any shift of 30 minutes or more) monitoring students after lunch in the hallway while they wait for their teacher
- Transport large, purchased items to our playground as needed.
- Build/assembly assistance; once we get new items ready for our playground we will need help building items (ga-ga ball pit, gazebo, put together a storage shed, etc.)
- Chair Brigade: volunteeer to lead parents/guests to put up metal folding chairs and store them in the appropriate area; needed after each campus performance and PTA program
There are just a few of the volunteer opportuites at our campus. If you want to help, we have a way for you to do so! We know that TEAMWORK makes the DREAM WORK!
News from around the district
Students enjoy competing at elementary UIL A+ Academics district meet
The statute and the rules allow a district administrator to force removal of an unauthorized person if that person “poses a substantial risk of harm to any person”
Due to inclement weather and the possibility of freezing temperatures, the flag football game scheduled for Nov. 12 will be postponed. A new date and time will be announced later this year.