Whether your student is attending school in person or remotely, our team is ready to safely provide nutritious and delicious breakfasts and lunches. On-site breakfast and lunch will be available at all campuses. Cold and hot offerings will be available.
Universal Free Meals
Every student in Waco ISD is still eligible to receive free breakfasts and lunches without completing any forms.
Visitors & Outside Food
In order to limit the number of people on each campus and the potential for exposure to the virus, please be aware that our campuses will not be allowing outside food deliveries/drop-offs during the school day this year. Students will either need to eat meals prepared on campus or bring meals with them each day.
Our primary concern is the safety of all our customers. We are committed to the highest level of sanitation, food and physical safety, and service. You can expect the following from our highly trained, professional employees:
- The child nutrition services team is participating in additional training on safety procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Like all other district employees, each team member will be screened for possible symptoms of COVID-19 and have their temperature taken daily.
- Each team member will be required to frequently wash their hands, wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
- All work and service areas will be disinfected frequently.
- All food items will be pre-packaged to prevent cross-contamination.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each serving line area.
- Scanners for ID’s will be used to minimize the checkout process.
- No self-service bars or shared utensils or condiment stations for students.
- Only disposable trays will be used.
- Signage and floor decals will be added to encourage social distancing.
- Many campuses will also be utilizing spaces outside of the cafeteria to spread students out at lunch. The specific plans depend on the physical layout of each campus, and schools will be sharing more information with families before the start of classes.
So Happy is Sodexo's menu and nutrition app that shows parents and students everything we're serving in the cafeteria, along with each item’s nutritional information - including calories, carbs, allergens and more!