View CIP for Alta Vista. Use TAGS to add more campuses to the display list. You will be able to view them all from here as soon as we have loaded all of them to the site.
Elementary Campus Improvement Plans
As stated in the Texas Education Code...
Texas Education Code - Section 11.253. Campus Planning And Site-Based Decision-Making
§ 11.253. CAMPUS PLANNING AND SITE-BASED DECISION-MAKING.
- Each school district shall maintain current policies and procedures to ensure that effective planning and site-based decision-making occur at each campus to direct and support the improvement of student performance for all students.
- Each district's policy and procedures shall establish campus-level planning and decision-making committees as provided for through the procedures provided by Sections 11.251(b)-(e).
- Each school year, the principal of each school campus, with the assistance of the campus-level committee, shall develop, review, and revise the campus improvement plan for the purpose of improving student performance for all student populations, including students in special education programs under Subchapter A, Chapter 29, with respect to the academic excellence indicators adopted under Section 39.051 and any other appropriate performance measures for special needs populations.
- Each campus improvement plan must:
- assess the academic achievement for each student in the school using the academic excellence indicator system as described by Section 39.051;
- set the campus performance objectives based on the academic excellence indicator system, including objectives for special needs populations, including students in special education programs under Subchapter A, Chapter 29;
- identify how the campus goals will be met for each student;
- determine the resources needed to implement the plan;
- identify staff needed to implement the plan;
- set timelines for reaching the goals;
- measure progress toward the performance objectives periodically to ensure that the plan is resulting in academic improvement;
- include goals and methods for violence prevention and intervention on campus; and
- provide for a program to encourage parental involvement at the campus.
- In accordance with the administrative procedures established under Section 11.251(b), the campus-level committee shall be involved in decisions in the areas of planning, budgeting, curriculum, staffing patterns, staff development, and school organization. The campus-level committee must approve the portions of the campus plan addressing campus staff development needs.
- This section does not create a new cause of action or require collective bargaining.
- Each campus-level committee shall hold at least one public meeting per year. The required meeting shall be held after receipt of the annual campus rating from the agency to discuss the performance of the campus and the campus performance objectives. District policy and campus procedures must be established to ensure that systematic communications measures are in place to periodically obtain broad-based community, parent, and staff input, and to provide information to those persons regarding the recommendations of the campus-level committees.
- A principal shall regularly consult the campus-level committee in the planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of the campus educational program.
Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 260, § 1, eff. May 30, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 510, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1999; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1202, § 3, eff. June 18, 1999; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1365, § 1, eff. June 19, 1999; Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1420, § 4.003, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.