Programs for special populations include:
- The Opportunity Program (TOP)
- Pregnancy Education and Parenting (PEP) Program
- Communities in Schools (CIS)
- Deaf Education Program
- Grand Central Station (GCS)
- Athletic opportunities at Waco High include football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, tennis, track, soccer, powerlifting and golf. Cheerleading and Drill Team are a part of the athletic program.
- A variety of choir and band programs can fit any student's talent or desire. These include Show Choir, Varsity Choir, Advanced Treble Choir, Beginners Choir and an All Boys Choir. The band program contains Concert Band, Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Percussion Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra and Flag Corps.
- Drama and visual arts programs expose students to debate, mock trial and Academic Decathlon events.
- A multitude of campus clubs meet students' interests in Crimestoppers, National Honor Society, Student Council, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fellowship of Christian Students, History Club, Interact Service Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Career Club and Texas Association of Future Educators.
- Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools.