Programs for special populations include:
- On-Line Learning Lab
- Pregnancy Education and Parenting (PEP) Program
- Communities in Schools (CIS)
- Be Emotionally Aware and Responsive (BEAR) Project
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Athletic opportunities at Waco High include football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, tennis, track, soccer, powerlifting, and golf. Cheerleading and Drill Team are a part of the athletic program.
- A variety of choir and band programs can suit any student's talent or desire. These include Show Choir, Varsity Choir, Advanced Treble Choir, Beginners Choir, and an All-Boys Choir. The band program includes a Concert Band, Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Percussion Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, and Flag Corps.
- Theater and visual arts programs expose students to Debate and Mock Trial.
- A multitude of campus clubs meet students' interests in Crimestoppers, National Honor Society, Student Council, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fellowship of Christian Students, History Club, Interact Service Club, Career Club, Skills USA, and Student Council.
- Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools.