Bad Weather Days
BAD WEATHER DAYS
At times, icy weather conditions may cause Waco ISD to close school or alter the normal schedule. When such changes occur, the District will use a variety of media to keep you informed.
The following resources will be used to keep you apprised of any schedule changes:
- Waco ISD website (www.wacoisd.org)
- Automated telephone calls using BlackBoard Communicator (Verify that your school has correct number on record.)
- WISD-TV (available on Grande Communications and Time Warner Cable)
- Facebook ("Like" us at www.facebook.com/wacoisd)
- Twitter ("Follow" us at www.twitter.com/wacoisd)
- Television stations (KCEN-Ch.6, KWTX-Ch. 10, KWKT-Ch.44, KXXV-Ch. 25)
- Radio stations (KWTX-AM1230, KBGO-FM95.7, KWTX-FM97.5, WACO-FM99.9, KBRQ-102.5FM, KRMX-92.9FM, KBHT-104.9FM, KRZI-1660AM, KBCT-94.5FM, KWOW-104.1FM, KIXT-106.7FM, KWPW-107.9FM)
- Waco Tribune-Herald website (www.wacotrib.com)
We take several steps to assess if it’s safe to hold school as normal. This includes participating in National Weather Service webinars, reviewing local forecasts, and conducting a thorough assessment of road and bridge conditions across the district by the Waco ISD Chief of Police and Director of Transportation. We also consult with surrounding districts. Our goal is to communicate any weather-related closures or delays as soon as possible. However, in some cases, the timing of weather events means that decisions can’t be made until early in the morning the same day as a closure or delay.
We ask for your patience and understanding during the times when these decisions have to be made. Please remember that our utmost concern is the safety of students, parents and employees.