Students are encouraged to consult with their high school counselor to help determine eligibility to participate in the academy. Students interested in attending the Greater Waco Advanced Healthcare Academy program must meet the following admission requirements:
High School Grade Level
- Students must be a high school junior (11th grade) or senior (12th grade)
- Students must submit an online application. An incomplete application will delay processing and potential acceptance. Admission is based on a first come, first served basis.
Letter of Recommendation
- Students must obtain letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or administrator from his or her home campus. Students must give the letter to their designated home campus representative who will then submit the letter of recommendation to the Health Care Academy along with the other required documents listed below.
Student Records & Required Documents
- Upon receiving a completed online application, GWAHCA will obtain from the applicant's high school:
- Official copy of high school transcript
- Conduct and Attendance Reports
- Letter of Recommendation (see details above about the letter of recommendation)