Information about Bad Weather Days
During the winter months, inclement weather may cause Waco ISD to close school or alter the normal schedule. When such changes occur, the District will use a variety of media to keep you informed, including:
- Local television stations (KCEN-Ch.6, KWTX-Ch. 10, KWKT-Ch.44, KXXV-Ch. 25)
- Local radio stations (KWTX-AM1230, KBGO-FM95.7, KWTX-FM97.5, WACO-FM99.9, KBRQ-102.5FM, KMRX-92.9FM, KWBT-104.9FM, KRZI-1660AM, KBCT-94.5FM, KWOW-104.1FM, KIXT-106.7FM, KWPW-107.9FM)
- Waco Tribune-Herald website (www.wacotrib.com)
- Waco ISD website (www.wacoisd.org)
- This campus website's homepage
- WISD-TV (available on Grande Communications and Time Warner Cable)
- Facebook ("Like" us at www.facebook.com/wacoisd)
- Twitter ("Follow" us at www.twitter.com/wisdpio)
- Automated telephone calls (Make sure the school has your correct number.)
Waco ISD has developed an administrative guideline for school closings or delays caused by inclement weather conditions. Decisions about schedule changes are made after a thorough assessment of roads and bridges by our Chief of Police and Director of Transportation.
In some cases, a decision could be made as soon as 9 p.m. the evening before a closure or a delayed opening. However, in most instances, decisions are not made until 5:45 a.m. on the day of the schedule change.
We ask for your patience and understanding during the times when these decisions must be made. Our utmost concern is the safety of our students, staff and parents.