In the Fall of 2015, the Greater Waco Advanced Health Care Academy (GWAHCA) opened its doors to Waco area juniors and seniors who are interested in pursuing a career in the health care industry. The Greater Waco Advanced Health Care Academy is a unique and innovative collaboration between the local health care community and Waco Area School Districts. GWAHCA is a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for student success in the Health Care Field. The academy empowers students to successfully be competitive and workforce ready in our community and a global society.
The Greater Waco Advanced Health Care Academy (GWAHCA) is a unique and innovative collaboration between the local hospitals, community partners, and the Waco Independent School District. We offer a challenging learning environment to foster student success in the healthcare industry and prepare students for future health care careers.
In order to meet health care industry needs, we are currently offering the following courses:
- Health Science Theory/Clinical-(Nursing Home Clinical Rotations)-Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Health Science Theory/Clinical-Community Health Worker
- Practicum in Health Science (Advanced Hospital Rotations)-EKG Certification
- Practicum in Health Science (Pharmacy Technician)-CPhT Certification
- Project Based Research (Medical) with Leadworthy Character Building & Teen Leadership
- Math for Medical Professionals*
- Medical Microbiology*
- Anatomy and Physiology*
*Students receive Science and Math credits*