Campus Dress Code
Standard Mode of Dress Requirements
Students are required to wear combinations of approved colors and styles of clothing as recommended by the School Administration. The adopted Standard Mode of Dress (SMOD) falls within Waco ISD dress code guidelines and students are expected to comply with requirements beginning on the first day and every day of school. Students may wear blue jeans, blue jean skirts, and/or knee-length blue jean shorts only on designated Spirit Days and onlywhen school administration notifies the parents and student body. When in doubt, the student is to follow SMOD or call the school office at 752-3316.
- Two types of shirts are acceptable: Solid Color Button Down or Solid Color Polo/Golf-style Collared Shirts.
- SOLID COLORS ONLY – Shirts may be any solid color but must have a collar.(no stripes)
- LOGO – If a logo is worn, the logo needs to be smaller than the size of a quarter.
- Shirts may have long or short sleeves (turtlenecks or t-shirts may be worn underneath SMOD shirts only).
- If shirt extends beyond a student’s fingertips then student must tuck shirt into pants.
PANTS/SHORTS/SKIRTS/CAPRIS/JUMPERS/ LEGGINGS(Tights) :
- Twill material/cotton/cotton blend only. (Docker-style). No jeans.
- SOLID COLORS ONLY – Navy, White, Khaki, or Black in appropriate sizes worn at waist level, no sagging will be allowed. Pants may not be frayed nor touch the ground.
- Shorts are allowed and must be no higher than the top of knee and always worn at the waist.
- Skirt length must be at the top of the knee when standing (No frayed edges or slits).
- Jumpers in Navy, Khaki, White, or Black are acceptable over a SMOD shirt.
- T-shirt type polo dresses can be worn as long as dress has pleated skirt at bottom. No straight polo type dresses.
- Leggings can worn by girls under dresses(not as stand alone pants) must be same solid SMOD colors as pants – Black, Navy, Khaki, White.
A student may wear a sweater, sweatshirt, sports coat or blazer in SOLID COLORS while in school .
NO Hoodies may be worn to school unless hoodie contains a full zipper. The hood portion must be down – off the head while inside the building and the collars of SMOD shirts (worn underneath) must be seen at all times.
Jackets may be worn to school but if a jacket has a hood attached, it must be worn down – off the head while inside the building- and again, all jackets/ hoodies must contain a full length zipper if worn in school building. Students can only wear heavy coats during late fall and winter seasons.
All shoes must be closed toe and closed heel. No shower shoes, sandals, flip-flops, house shoes, or roller shoes allowed. Tennis shoes are preferred.
Hair must not be dyed to extremes and haircuts which are unusual or bizarre such as Mohawks will not be allowed. Students cannot have lines or designs cut in hair. This includes parts in hair.
If you have any questions about whether an article of clothing is allowable, please contact the school before you send your child to school. All students are expected to be in standard mode of dress each school day. Students who are not in SMOD will be given an alternate set of clothes to wear and parents called. If parents cannot be reached then student will be assigned to work in the ISS office for the day.
Any article of clothing or grooming that the principal or designee determines to be inappropriate or can reasonably be expected to cause disruption or be a hazard to safety will be prohibited.