Enroll in dual credit courses
For enrollment in Academic Dual Credit courses through McLennan Community College, students should complete the following steps:
- Ensure testing requirements have been met. To enroll in any academic dual credit course, a passing score (351) on the TSI Assessment in Reading is required. To enroll in an English class, a passing multiple choice (340) and essay (4) score is required on the TSI Assessment in Writing. To enroll in a mathematics class, a passing score (350) on the TSI Assessment in Mathematics is required.
- Indicate their intention to take a dual credit course or courses on their Waco ISD high school course enrollment form for the following school year.
- Review the program guidelines on this McLennan Community College High School Pathways website and on the student enrollment checklist.
- Collect pertinent information before beginning the high school pathways MCC application:
- Student's physical address
- Student's Social Security number
- Student's email address (not an ISD address)
- Student's phone number
- Parent's legal name
- Parent's birthdate
- Parent's email address (not an MCC address)
- Parent's phone number
- Access the High School Pathways Portal--the online enrollment system for dual credit. The portal's progress tracker guides students through the enrollment process.
Student Instructions for Portal
Student should monitor their progress tracker to ensure all steps are completed and all paperwork received by MCC.
- Ensure their parents have received the email from the high school pathways portal, logged in, and granted permission for dual credit enrollment.
- Provide Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization (received within the last 5 years) to the school nurse or campus dual credit counselor, if taking a course on any MCC campus.
Students are not required to pay for dual credit courses taken through Waco ISD's Memorandum of Understanding with McLennan Community College. Waco ISD will pay the tuition and fees for the courses as well as provide students with the correct course materials.
For enrollment in technical dual credit courses through Texas State Technical College, students should complete the following steps:
For parents of students enrolling in academic dual credit courses through McLennan Community College, parents should complete the following steps:
- Review the program guidelines on the McLennan Community College High School Pathways website and the parent instructions for the portal. The student enrolling must begin the process and identify you as the parent/guardian before your part begins.
- Watch for 2 emails from “Datatel.”
- Check your junk/spam folder.
- One contains your username and a link to the portal. The second contains your temporary password.
- Log in to the High School Pathways Portal. See the menu for the link to the portal.
- Grant consent for the student to enroll in a High School pathways program.
- Consent applies until high school graduation.
- Other features of parent access:
- Review student schedule (if student grants consent)
- Review end-of-semester grades (if student grants consent)
NOTE: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives parents certain protections with regard to their children's education records, such as report cards, transcripts, disciplinary records, contact and family information, and class schedules. However, once students enroll in a post-secondary institution, they then control their own access to their education records unless they grant someone else access or a parent proves to an authority of the school that the student is a taxable dependent, as evidenced by the prior year's completed income taxes. Therefore, parents cannot contact professors directly and ask for information on students' assignments, grades, progress, or other private information unless provided with such access by the student. This policy differs from that of the Waco ISD high school attended by the student.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact the campus dual credit counselor (UHS- Ms. Renee Jacinto and WHS- Mr. Alfred Freeman), the Waco ISD College Career Military Readiness/Dual Credit Director Dr. Scott McClanahan at 254-750-3926 (email@example.com) or the McLennan Community College High School Pathways Director Londa Carriveau at 254-299-8937 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.