News from around the district
Students enjoy competing at elementary UIL A+ Academics district meet
The statute and the rules allow a district administrator to force removal of an unauthorized person if that person “poses a substantial risk of harm to any person”
Due to inclement weather and the possibility of freezing temperatures, the flag football game scheduled for Nov. 12 will be postponed. A new date and time will be announced later this year.
Follow us on Facebook
Bell's Hill Third Grade Barn Dance
Our third grade Barn Dance, was a great success. Our PE teachers, Coach Tighe and Coach Curry did a great job teaching students several line dance songs. This is our second year to do a Barn Dance and area already planning what we will do different in the upcoming school year. It is always a great thing to watch our teachers and staff visit performances; however, when they come to the Barn Dance and get up and particpate with the students, it makes it even more special. We thank each staff member for coming and participating in this event and a special thanks to all of the parents who not only came, but came and danced with their child.
Kindergarten GT Nominations Open
- Does your child show an advanced intellectual ability, have an
advanced vocabulary or speak beyond his or her age-like peers?
- Is your child highly curious and seek understanding of “why” and “how”?
- Does your child generate creative, original ideas and leave you thinking, “I never thought of it that way”?
- Is your child highly energetic and never seems to be tired out?
- Does your child focus intensely on things that he or she is passionate about?
- Is your child highly sensitive emotionally, sensually (ie: clothes, spices, loud noises), or highly empathic and concerned with worldly issues?
- Does your student have a sophisticated sense of humor beyond his or her peers?
Nomination packets can be found on the Waco ISD Advanced Academics website at http://bit.ly/GTforms or can be requested from your classroom teacher. All kindergarten nominations must be received no later than January 31, 2019. Nominations for 2nd -12th grade will be accepted until February 28, 2019.
¡Ya Está Abierta la Ventana de Nominación
para los Estudiantes Dotados y Talentosos
de Kínder de Waco ISD!
- ¿Muestra su hijo/a una habilidad intelectual avanzada, tiene un
vocabulario avanzado o habla más allá de sus compañeros de la misma edad?
- ¿Es su hijo/a muy curioso/a y busca comprender el "por qué" y el "cómo"?
- ¿Genera su hijo/a ideas creativas y originales y lo deja pensando: "Nunca lo había pensado de esa manera"?
- ¿Su hijo/a tiene mucha energía y nunca parece estar cansado/a?
- ¿Su hijo/a se enfoca intensamente en las cosas que le apasionan?
- ¿Es su hijo/a altamente sensible emocionalmente, sensitivamente (es decir, a la ropa, especias, ruidos fuertes) o altamente empático y preocupado por los problemas mundanos?
- ¿Tiene su estudiante un sofisticado sentido del humor más allá de sus compañeros?
Los paquetes de nominación se pueden encontrar en el sitio web de Waco ISD Advanced Academics en http://bit.ly/GTforms o le puede pedir un paquete a su maestro de clase. Todas las nominaciones de kínder deben recibirse a más tardar el 31 de enero de 2019.
Blended Learning in Action
Please click on the link below to view a 'Story of Success' for Bell's Hill in the area of Blended Learning.
Bell's Hill Elementary is excited to announce:
Recently, Bell's Hill Elementary applied to become an Apple Distinguished School. This week we learned we were recognized by Apple as a distignuished school. Apple Distinguished Schools are centers of innovation, leadership, and educational excellence that use Apple products to inspire creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking. They showcase innovative uses of technology in learning, teaching, and the school environment and have documented results of academic accomplishment.
We are proud to have made such an accomplishment and are glad to see the many things that are yet to come.