Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Facilities, Maintenance, and Operations employees will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines regarding the cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection of all district facilities.
- High-touch areas — such as restrooms, main offices, early childhood classrooms, and employee sign-in/sign-out areas — will be identified and cleaned more frequently.
- All schools and offices will be provided with enough hand soap, paper towels, tissues, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant to accommodate frequent cleaning of high touch areas, and stock will be replenished regularly or upon request.
- HVAC systems have been adjusted to increase the air exchange rate and fitted with filters that provide a higher level of filtration.
Areas of Disinfecting
- Cafeterias will be cleaned after each feeding including breakfast and lunches.
- High tough and high traffic areas will be cleaned twice per day.
- Classrooms and labs will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Gyms and locker rooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Offices, teachers lounges and break rooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Restrooms will be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected routinely throughout the day.
Cleaning items to be used include would include:
- Hospital grade disinfectants for desks and areas of high touch
- Disinfectant wipes for individual staff work areas
- Disinfectants specifically for restroom areas
- Electrostatically applied large area disinfectants
- Antimicrobial floor finishes
- Microfiber rags and mops
Hand Sanitization Stations
Hand Sanitization stations will be provided in the following areas:
- Front Entrances
- Office Areas
- Nurse’s Stations