AP Exam & Course Updates
AP Exam Updates - as of May 6, 2020
The Testing Guides are now available. Please take time to read those that apply to you.
Preparing for exams:
- Playback the 2020 AP Exam Updates with Trevor Packer presentation
- Review the Updates for AP Students and Schools Affected by Coronavirus website including:
- "The Exam Day Experience" Video (a 4-minute video to assist students with at-home testing)
- No face-to-face exams this year
- All exams will be online
- Any device can be used (tablet, computer, smartphone)
- Students will be able to take a picture and upload if needed for their exam.
- For connectivity issues/concerns, students will need to contact College Board.
- Students will take a 45-minute, online, free-response exam at home.
- For exams that require portfolios, the new due date is May 26, 2020. See specific requirements below.
- Detailed Exam Schedule
- All Waco ISD students enrolled in an AP course are expected to complete all AP exams.
- Teachers who are providing remote instruction can continue to leverage AP Classroom, which was introduced at the beginning of the school year.
- Waco ISD AP teachers will continue instruction and facilitation of learning through the use of Google Classroom.
- College Board is also providing daily online instruction/reviews for students beginning March 25. These will be recorded and available on demand (see College Board website).
- College Board will be unlocking free-response questions for students to practice. (More information to come from College Board.)
- Colleges/universities will still accept scores as they have done in the past.
- Exam content will be condensed to include only what should have been covered prior to school closures (75% of the course), but teachers should continue to provide instructional resources for the remaining 25% of course content. Visit the College Board website for units that will be covered on each subject area exam.
- A schedule of online review sessions and links for all courses can be found at https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/coronavirus-updates#free-ap-classes.
An overview of how AP teachers can use the free, daily online practice in AP Classroom to help students prepare for exam day.
AP Course-Specific Exam Information available at:
For more information or questions, please contact the individual(s) below:
University High School
Waco High School