News from around the district
Ascension Providence will offer free medical care at their annual community event.
Waco ISD is one of 20 districts statewide to be included on the Texas Art Education Association’s inaugural list.
“These ratings matter, and they are important. However, they don’t measure everything that matters, and they definitely don’t capture all that is important."
More than 200 teachers and aides for students in pre-kindergarten through second grade are participating in two days of intensive professional development.
Her career in public education spans three decades, including the past eight years as the superintendent of Belton ISD.
Su carrera en educación pública abarca tres décadas, incluidos los últimos ocho años como superintendente de Belton ISD.
HPDS NEWS TO KNOW!
Hillcrest PDS Dress Code
Hillcrest Professional Development School has a dress code that provides students the choice to wear clothing that is appropriate for school attire. We do not have a standard mode of dress. Please adhere to the school dress code.
- Halter tops, tank tops, tops that expose any part of the midriff, low-cut dresses or tops are not allowed.
- Thin strapped tank tops (spaghetti straps) are not allowed.
- Articles of clothing that display pictures, emblems, or writings that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene, or advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or any other substance are prohibited under Board Policy FNCA (LOCAL).
- House shoes, flip flops, slides, or slip on style shoes are not allowed. Sandals must have a strap around heel. Tennis shoes are preferred.
- Hair must not be dyed to extremes. Haircuts that are unusual such as Mohawks, lines, words, numbers, designs and distract from instruction are not allowed.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn.
- Shorts/pants/skirts must be at the waist, NO SAGGING.
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be fingertip length or longer.
- Holes, rips, or tears on clothing that allow a student’s skin to show are not allowed.
- Leggings/yoga pants may not be worn unless under dresses, skirts, or shorts.
- Hats, caps, do-rags, bandanas, the hood part of a jacket, or sunglasses may not be worn inside the school building during the school day. These items may be worn at school-sponsored events as determined appropriate by campus administration.
Failure to comply with the dress code may result in disciplinary action.
Administrators have discretion on all matters concerning interpretation of the student dress code.
Our monthly newsletter is now ONLINE! Go to our PARENT & STUDENTS tab at the top of this page... when the blue menu pops up click on HPDS NEWSLETTER. This is a great way to get to know our staff & stay informed!