A. CAMPUS-LEVEL PROJECTS:
Provide Waco ISD campuses and personnel with potential grant opportunities and funding sources to support Campus and District Improvement Plans.
- Maintain database of potential opportunities for Campus-Level projects
- Provide technical assistance and support in the application and budgeting process
- Through an internal scoring system and approval process, determine if the opportunity is a match for campus and student needs.
B. DISTRICT INITIATIVES:
Identify and research external funding opportunities.
- Monitor announcements from government agencies and private sources
- Maintain regular contact with funding agencies for potential opportunities
- Conduct internet research for funding sources and projects
- Actively search for partnership opportunities with organizations such as: Regional Service Center, universities and colleges, and community service providers
- Prepare grant applications and budgets through collaboration with district personnel and community partners
- Obtain vendor information, approval, and bids
- Conduct internal scoring system to determine project and budget viability
NOTE: ALL grant applications and awards must be cleared through the Grants Management Office PRIOR to grant application submission.