Help, my English Learners Can’t Speak English! How do I Help Them Increase Their Writing Proficiency in English???
As a teacher of English Learners have you wondered the following at one time or another?
- What is the relationship between the Speaking and Writing components of language?
- If my students cannot speak English, how can I get them to write in English?
- How do I help my English Learners (ELs) become better writers?
- I could really use some resources to help my ELs improve their writing skills?
- Why is it important to help ELs improve the Speaking and Writing components of language (Hint: It is not only important for increasing scores on TELPAS and STAAR…)
- Help! Where do I even start with instruction of the writing process?
If you said yes to any of the questions listed above, come and join us at our next English Learners Teacher Academy Meeting where we will be focusing on the relationship between Speaking and Writing for English Learners. Teachers will learn valuable strategies to use with English Learners to help their students improve Speaking and Writing proficiency. In addition, teachers will receive valuable resources that can be used right away in the classroom during instruction of the writing process.
Please remember that you need to register on Eduphoria to receive the workshop resources.
Date: Thursday, October 13th, 2016
Location: Waco ISD Administration Building
1st Floor Conference Room