Every year, the Waco ISD Athletic Department accepts nominations for former students to be inducted in the Waco ISD Athletic Hall of Fame. The award is presented during the UHS vs WHS game scheduled for Friday, November 7th.
Waco ISD is proud of the accomplishments of its students, both before and after graduation. Previous HoF inductees include, Derrick Johnson and LaDainian Tomlinson.
We invite you to make nominations for the 2014 HoF award by completing the form linked here.
2014 Waco ISD Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Form [pdf]
Criteria for nomination:
- Individuals nominated shall be from any Waco ISD high school both past and present.
- Individuals that are selected must be in attendance at the annual Hall of Fame game between Waco High and University High. Individuals selected to the HOF who are deceased or incapacitated may have a family member accept on their behalf.
- A maximum of four nominees will be selected in any given year.
- Individuals will be selected for outstanding ability and achievement on the field. Consideration will also be given to performances beyond one’s high school days.
- Each nominee should have been an outstanding high school athlete and a strong leader in the community.
- Anyone may nominate an individual.
- The person endorsing the nominee shall submit this form and attach any biographical information that enhances the nominee.
- Nominations for each year must be in no later than the last day of July.